Saturday, February 23, 2013

Update!

Black and White:

Still on the B&W craze! A lot of people don't like monotonal photography, but I find it extremely fascinating, not to mention the exciting challenge of finding a picture perfect for the B&W setting!

Picture of my favorite bird during my second favorite season!
I love Cardinals in the snow! I can't wait to get my telephoto lens
to get closer to nature while not scaring them by staying in my house!
This is already cropped to about the point of pixelating...
I brought out the red of the Cardinal by making the background B&W!


Here's a fence and a bird feeder. The feeder has a bit extra of post processing than most to give it an even better rustic effect!

"Dreamworld":

Well, I just got the April issue of "Digital Photo Magazine" a couple of days ago, and there was this really interesting section on a photographer by the name of Ann Elliott Cutting(www.cutting.com) who mainly works with album covers and advertising. She shared pictures of one of her interest which she loves to do. She says she loves capturing the aspect of something out of this world and something that follows the human journey through her photography and post-processing. After seeing her stunning pictures I new I had to try it! Sadly, the article didn't explain how she accomplished the effect of her pictures, but, I chose one of my old sunset pictures and messed around with post-processing for a little bit. With a lot of editing and a little bit of my own twist I came up with the above product! I have to say I like hers better, but I think mine turned out good too! :)

Well, let me know what you think of this pictures! As always, you can stay updated with all of my pictures on my facebook page(click here)! Unfortunately, I haven't been doing anything with model cars lately, but I hope to be doing more of that soon! Until next time! :)



1 comment:

  1. In reference to the "Dreamworld" picture, the article does explain her process, just not in detail. The photographer from the magazine uses multiple layers while I just used one picture and added a texture to it.

    ReplyDelete